- This magazine and website is for the benefit of readers, writers, authors, publishers and illustrators and any submissions are accepted on a voluntary (unpaid) basis only, for the time being.
- Submissions must be the original work of the submitting author and must not be a copy of another person’s work unless an accompanying letter of agreement is attached. We accept previously published work with an acknowledgement added.
- We accept Short Stories & Essays Fiction and Non-fiction, Poetry & Prose Modern & Traditional, Articles on Writing, Travel Tales from around the World, Health and Wellness for writers’, Book reviews, Book News, Author News, Press Releases associated with books and writing.
- For the Junior Section we welcome stories and poetry from children under 18 years of age. We also accept submissions from children and young adult authors.
- We welcome work from anyone who supports a charity through their books and writing. This usually takes the form of a monthly feature. Please add the charity links to your work.
- A maximum of 4 poems, 2 short stories or 2 articles should be sent at any one time. There is no word count but Short Stories must be no more than 8 A4 pages (font size 10) .
- We also offer to serialize a book into 6 installments. (This is not available until April 2020)
- Sending your whole portfolio will not be put forward for consideration.
- Number your pages and add your name and email address to each page you send in.
- If you would like to offer a contribution, please complete the submission form in the first instance. You cannot attach or include your submission.
- After completing and sending your form please wait for a response before submitting your complete work. Do not embed into your email
- All full forwarded submissions should include a short biography and thumbnail picture.
- Forwarded contributions must be in MS Word or compatible programme (not PDF) and any images in .jpg or .png
- We do not accept or publish anything of a sexually explicit nature or erotica as this magazine contains a junior section.
The Writers’ Magazine is totally impartial and is not connected to any other site, club, group or company.
Each issue is oversubscribed, so some contributions will be held over for future issues if they are passed for publication.
There is no guarantee your submission will be published, and no particular date of publication can be promised.
We do try to contact you to confirm your acceptance, but please check the current issue or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not sure.
Please do not ask us to search for your work on any other site to read or copy as this will be declined.
All published work remains the property of the author and the Writers’ Magazine does not hold any copyright of anything printed in its pages unless stated.
The Writers’ Magazine reserves the right to republish any work printed in these pages into a printed version available to the public.
The website is locked against any copying or printing.
The Writers’ Magazine accepts no responsibility for anything published on this site, and no communication will be entered in to. Anything published on the website is at the discretion of the editor.
The Editor reserves the right to correct spelling and punctuation in any contribution submitted.
Your details will not be shared or sold to any company or person. Any information that The Writers’ Magazine holds i.e. names, addresses, email, are for the purpose of communication between The Writers’ Magazine officers, contributors and subscribers.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in published contributions in this magazine are those of the individual author and do not necessarily reflect those of The Writers’ Magazine or its Staff.